Information We Collect About You
We collect information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications, by telephone and in other forms. This includes information such as your name, address, telephone number, Social Security Number, Vehicle Identification Numbers, Driver’s License, etc.
- Information about your transactions with our affiliates, others or us.
- Individuals who visit our website also provide other information such as the IP address of their computer and information generated from “cookies” we utilize to provide a more efficient internet experience.
As we will explain in more detail below, we do not disclose nonpublic personal information about our clients, former clients or other consumers to anyone, except as permitted by law.
How We Share Your Information
We are committed to providing you with competitive financial products and services to meet your financial needs. In the course of providing such services to you, we collect nonpublic personal information about you. It is sometimes necessary for us to share that information with other companies to complete your transactions or to provide you with certain targeted financial services and opportunities. In order to do so, we have entered into agreements with other companies that provide either services to us or additional financial products for you to consider.
Under these arrangements, we may disclose some or all of the information we collect about you from the sources described above, such as applications and transactions. We only disclose your private information to our affiliated credit union, Desert Schools Federal Credit Union, companies that perform marketing or other services on our behalf, or to other financial service companies with whom we have joint marketing agreements. To protect your privacy, we only work with companies which agree by contract to maintain strong confidentiality protections and to limit the disclosure and use of information we provide only to carry out the specific purposes for which such information was disclosed. We do not permit these companies to sell to other third parties the information we provide to them. And we do not sell your information to other companies.
Parties Who Receive Information from Us
In order that we may provide clients competitive products and services, we may disclose all of the information we collect, as described above, to the following kinds of third parties:
- Our affiliate(s), including Desert Schools Federal Credit Union;
- Financial service providers with whom we have joint marketing agreements, such as those that provide securities and brokerage services and those providing insurance products such as home and auto insurance;
- Companies that perform processing, marketing, or other services on our behalf.
Please understand that some of the services we are able to offer you, such as dental and life insurance, involve application processes which are handled directly by the third party and so we do not collect additional personal information about you during that process. Our agreements with those organizations make sure they safeguard the information about you which we provide to them. You should review their privacy policies to make sure you understand how they handle the information which you supply to them or which you authorize them to collect.
How We Protect Your Information
We restrict access to information about you to those employees who have a specific business purpose in utilizing your data. Our employees, as well as the employees of companies with whom we have joint marketing agreements, are trained in the importance of maintaining confidentiality and client privacy. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations and industry practices to safeguard your personal information.